Crawl Space Support PostsCall Today
Bix Basement Systems offers affordable and professional crawl space structural repair in Peoria, IL, Bloomington, IL, Quincy, IL, Fort Madison, IA, Hannibal, MO, and other areas throughout IL, IA and MO.
A sagging crawl space is more common than you may think. We are frequently contacted by frustrated homeowners experiencing this issue, which can be unsafe and costly. Not only is it a headache, but the thought of having to rebuild the entire structure is a nightmare for homeowners.
That's why our customers breathe a sigh of relief when we tell them that their situation is not as dire as they may imagine and that we can repair their sagging crawl space and restore its structural strength without having to rebuild the entire structure. Be aware of other crawl space repair companies that may try to scare you and convince you that the only solution is to rebuild. This is NOT your only option.
This doesn't mean that your crawl space issues do not need to be addressed, they do, and as soon as possible in order to keep that area—and the rest of your house that is supported by the crawl space—safe and sound. The situation will only worsen and could eventually start to bow walls and cause serious foundation issues.
How did your crawl space problem begin? Here a few possible reasons.
- Often times, crawl space support pillars are built on weak soils which aren't able to bear the weight of your entire home. Eventually, these supports will start to sink further into the earth and cause uneven floors and wall cracks.
- Sometimes, the contractor who builds a home won't properly space out the support beams, causing more weight to be placed on certain supports and causing them to sink into the dirt.
- When crawl spaces are wet and humid, they become an ideal environment for mold and termites. These termites will eat away at the support beams underneath your home.
- The foundation walls themselves can fail for many reasons. Most often, these walls will be damaged by foundation settling due to weak soils around the home.
Our team of crawl space experts have seen all of these issues personally and up close, multiple times, when inspecting homes. But what may seem like a hopeless and costly situation can be remedied if you use the right system.
Bix Basement Systems can install strong, durable crawl space structural supports designed to stabilize your crawl space and stop it from sagging further and causing more costly damage, without having to rebuild your entire crawl space.
Crawl Space Support System
Our SmartJack™ crawl space stabilizer is a heavy-duty, adjustable crawl space support system designed to stabilize sagging, weak crawl spaces by raising floor joists, cross beams and other support structures, leveling slopping floors and even realigning crooked door frames.
- More economical than rebuilding crawl space area
- Fast installation which can be done year-round
- Strong and dependable crawl space support
- Versatile installation - can be installed in small, cramped crawl spaces
The SmartJack™ Crawl Space Support Posts
Bix Basement Systems offers the SmartJack™ crawl space support posts for home owners with sagging crawl spaces. We provide these services in Peoria, Bloomington, Quincy, Fort Madison, Hannibal, and in other communities throughout IL, IA, and MO. This crawl space structural support system features adjustable steel supports for permanently repairing and stabilizing sagging crawl space areas underneath homes.
What It Does:
The SmartJack™ crawl space system will provide this area underneath your home with the support it needs for sagging and undersized beams, restoring stability and straightness for sagging floor joists which are often found in a crawl space. After installation, the crawl space supports will be able to take care of springy, sloping floors, and can prevent interior wall cracks from forming. Also, our crawl space support posts will be able to level door frames again. This system can be adjusted over time as needed for additional straightening and leveling.
- Supports loads of more than 60,000lbs
- Galvanized for rust resistance
- Can be installed in small, restricted areas
- The ONLY crawl space support jack that will take care of problem soils
Please call us or contact us online to schedule an appointment for a consultation and an estimate. We look forward to hearing from you soon and helping with your sagging crawl space problem!
Crawl Space Structural Support Jacks
Crawl space structural support jacks are often needed in crawl spaces which have un-level, sloping, or sagging floors. They are specially-designed to be able to lift and stabilize the floor joists so that the problem will be taken care of once and for all. We can install these crawl space supports quickly, and we will be sure to take care of all the clean up work once we are finished so that you won't have to worry about dealing with a giant mess.